Sunday, March 22, 2009

Basketball Randomness

I've spent the day watching NBA action while simultaneously attempting to study for a probability exam I have coming on Wednesday. Other than feelings of pure frustration at discrete and continuous random variables, here are some other thoughts that crossed my mind:
  • Dwayne Wade came through in the clutch once again; this time my hometown Pistons were the victims. That block on Stuckey's last possession was questionable, it looked like a foul to me. But Wade deserved all the breaks he got. Final line: 39 pts, 6 assists, 4 blocks, 2 stls, 2 threes, and 56% from the field. Ridiculous.
  • Jeff Van Gundy is why the ESPN commentating crew is entertaining. But that's only because he looked like the most boring/exhausted man while coaching in the NBA.
  • I know I'm repeating common knowledge here, but the Clippers are horrible. The only player that looked like he was trying was Eric Gordon.
  • Jose Calderon dunked. Jose Calderon can dunk?!
  • The Raptors' commentators at CBC are extremely annoying.
  • Michael Jordan cries? Now that's fatherly love.

No comments: